Tuesday, March 27, 2012

BACK IN CANOA

October 2011 - December 2011

After a week in New York and a long flight I arrived in Guayaquil on the first of October. The only problem was that my backpack did not arrive. Carlos waited for my at the airport (and he had to wait a long time since I had to deal with the missing bag first). We stayed in Guayaquil for three days waiting for my bag but than gave up and took the bus to Canoa. Luckily I had a few clothes in my other bag. It was very nice to be back in Canoa. Walks at the beach, talks, nothing special, just enjoying the relaxed life at the beach.
Within one week in Canoa we moved to a nice apartment. Not directly at the beach but on a little hill with great view of the whole village and the ocean. Second best spot for watching the sunset (only topped by watching it at the beach).
After only a few days in Canoa I got to work on the first project for my old company. Although it wasn't easy to get back to engineering after not working at all for such a long time it felt nice doing something useful and it was even fun working.
The relaxed life was only interrupted by frequent calls to the airport to inquire about my backpack. But always the same - we don't know where your backpack is. Finally, after almost three weeks, I got an email from my friends in New York. There was a postcard from the airline that they had found my backpack. Only a few more calls, few more days waiting and a seven hour bus ride to Guayaquil and I had my backpack back. YEAH. I've rarely been that happy to carry a 50 pound bag around.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, Claudi! Seems to be a perfect place to live! Good choice (like always ;-) And I rejoice in seeing you so happy on the pics. Keep going, you are a great inspiration! Love & hugs, Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Indeed it is a very nice place to live. But to be perfect it would need a cinema and supermarket closer than three hours away. And always running water out of the tap. ;-)
      big hug,
      claudi

      Delete