Sunday, September 4, 2011

10 MONTHS IN SOUTH AMERICA

After 309 days it was time to leave South America. At least for the moment. There were countless great experiences and I hope I will remember most of them. I had a great time and enjoyed it a lot.

I traveled by bus, plane and boat
I slept in hostel beds, hammocks and at friend's places
I hiked a snow covered volcano in Chile and partly up volcano Tungaruha in Ecuador that erupted a few days later
I got sick on a four day hike near Quilotoa in Ecuador and wet on a ten day hike in Torres del Paine National Park in Chile.
I saw sea lions, eagle rays and turtles on the Galapagos Islands, penguins in Argentina, pink dolphins, caimans and aras in Bolivia and condors in Chile
I tried to dance salsa, merengue and samba (have to go back to improve my dancing)
I went running at the beach, went snorkeling and tried surfing
I learned about the production of coffee in Colombia, manioca in Brazil and sugar in Bolivia
I explored cities, the rainforest, mountains and deserts
I ate lots of rice, chicken and shrimp
I went to the markets in Cartagena, Colombia; Belem, Brazil; La Paz, Bolivia and many more
I ate mango in Ecuador, acai in Brazil and pomelo in Bolivia
I listened to Sandra on the ferry between Argentina and Uruguay, Boney M in La Paz, “Moskau, Moskau,...” in a taxi in Portoviejo, Ecuador, and Modern Talking all over Bolivia

I listened a million times to Don Omar's “Danza Kuduro”, a thousand times to Aventura and a hundred times to Shakira
I traveled with good friends, met lots of people, made new friends, fell in love and said goodbye to too many people
I learned lot and had a great time

6 comments:

  1. Na wenn das kein Resume ist. Ich hoffe das re-adjustment faellt dann nicht zu schwer. Meld dich wenn du in der Gegend bist. Bestimmt hast du ne Menge zu berichten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Claudi,

    gracias por este resumen para darnos aún más envidia. ¿Y los siguientes 300 días? ¿Buscar pinguinos por el Sahara o buscar el Yeti por el otro lado de la tierra?
    Me alegro que hayas tenido tantas experiencias especiales y espero ver más fotos preciosas en esta página.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Axel: re-adjustment war nicht so schlimm. Ab 16.09. bin ich nochmal fuer 10 Tage in L.E. Vielleicht klappt es mit einem Bierchen.
    Liebe Gruesse

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stefan: Natuerlich wird es hier mehr Fotos geben. Als naechstes von meinem Roadtrip durch Italien, Slowenien, Kroatien und Ungarn. Und dann vom meiner momantanen Aegyptenreise.
    Saludos a Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing, claudia! I have so enjoyed your posts over the past months. I am living vicariously through you! What is next on your itinerary?
    xoxo,
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, great resume! I reckon you've had a good time.

    I am more than happy, that I could take part in some of these experiences. Claudi: THANKS again (I can't stress this too much) for asking me if I would like to join! 'Cause I would probably still be sitting in front of a computer every day back home if you had not. Well doing the same thing now, but in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo. Hehe :-)

    Wishing you a fantastic time in Egypt and South America, Part II. Big hugs, Michael

    ReplyDelete