Thursday, March 24, 2011

VALPARAISO

06. March – 07. March 2011

I arrived in Valparaiso early in the morning and unfortunately I had not written down the name of the hostel where to meet Micha. I waited until the first cafe opened to check the internet before taking a taxi to the hostel, that I thought was the right one. Luckily, it was the correct hostel. Micha was still sleeping when I got there but I got some breakfast while waiting. After a nice, hot shower (that was necessary after two nights in buses), Micha and me walked through town. Valparaiso is a city at the Chilean coast build on several hills. There are many small streets and some houses (like the hostel) are only accessible by stairs. Many houses are painted in bright colors are have wall paintings. It was very nice to walk around with a good view of the harbor and the houses. Later in the evening we went for a short harbor tour to get the view of the city from the water. We had dinner in a small fast food restaurant where most of the customers where older single man, enjoying a beer while watching soccer.
The next morning I went for another short walk before taking the bus to Santiago in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Christine! I definitely enjoy traveling and have a good time.
    Hope life is good in NJ.

    ReplyDelete