Friday, April 29, 2011

BUENOS AIRES

10. April – 14. April 2011

From Ushuaia I took a plane 3000 km north to Buenos Aires. There I stayed in the hostel Artfactory and met up with Beatrice. The hostel was nice with most of the walls painted with different designs. We didn't waste much time at the hostel before going on the first city tour. We walked for a while through San Telmo, the neighborhood the hostel is located in. Nice area with cafes and old buildings. At night we decided to check out a Tango Show at Cafe Tortoni, Buenos Aires' most touristy cafe. It was more show than dancing but nice anyways. I guess, you have to watch some tango dancers while in Buenos Aires. To me, Tango doesn't seem to be the most fun dance. It's a serious dance and there doesn't seem to be vitality. But than again, I guess it's not supposed to be a fun dance. Sunday morning we went to the neighborhood of La Boca. I really liked this area. Colorful old buildings. Most buildings are not well maintained and a little rundown but with a lot of charm. It seemed to be an working class neighborhood near the port. I also walked by the Boca Juniors stadium were Diego Maradona played before moving to Europe. Unfortunately I missed to watch a game. Afterward it was time to check out the market in San Telmo. Lot's of artisans selling everything you don't need. The rest of the time in Buenos Aires was mainly spend with walks around town, some internet time and hanging around in the hostel, eating ice cream and drinking wine in the evening on the hostel terrace. Buenos Aires is a nice city but it didn't seem special to me and I wasn't as impressed as a lot of other travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment